Thursday 29 April 2010

Another poem.

I wilt in the wilderness, wired and wandering,
Like a willow, at once, when I see you,
You're drinking from the estuary
Confused by me and my unfamiliar ancestary.
Perhaps you are my home and I am nomadic?
Tragically, from one place to the other
No mother, no father, no sister nor brother.
Blue flowers beguile, a lily of the nile,
I know you wont want but let me stay for a while.
Why so acrimonious to me? Is there a contrast to see?
Maybe a willow, beautiful and unsurpassed?
Am I just a cog in your unclean machine?
But, what do you mean, to me, what do I mean to be?
Deep rooted and watered with billowing branches
A poisonous princess in red-neck ranches.
And to some degree are you just putting up with me?
Why do I long to be with you?
Why should I like to be with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment